December 8, 2014

In Loving Memory

Jordan Guernsey 
October 17, 1984-December 8, 2014

I shot this sweet family's session a few months ago. I have known this family for a long time. Jordan's sister is one of my very dearest friends. Today, after battling cancer for several years, Jordan has passed away. My heart is hurt. I am so devastated for his family. I know he isn't in pain or suffering anymore, but devastated that he ever had to have the horrid struggle of cancer. My heart hurts so much for his whole family and all that loved him. However, I am so very heart broken for those sweet babies. I think of how much my boys LOVE LOVE LOVE their dad and how sad they would be if they ever lost them. I know these two loved their daddy. You will see that as well as you look through these images. I am heartbroken for his beautiful wife Poalo. I have heard that she has been such a rock through out this whole process. I know this is so hard for her to loose her love.  Poalo, I am so sorry for your little family's loss. Thank you for letting me capture your beautiful family's last session together. It truly was such an honor. Big hugs!

To ALL of the Guernsey family- I am deeply saddened and sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how hard this must feel for all of you! I admire each of you and know how much you all loved Jordan. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
I love you guys!
John 14: I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
























I was choking up behind the camera as I shot these images with his tender children. Look at the loving expression on his face. I love this shot…











3 comments:

Jessica Mitchell said...

Tears, tears and more tears. What I love about your work is how you take a 2-D photograph and capture how it FEELS to be in that moment. My heart is full looking at this beautiful family's photos.

Felicia Slattery said...

I don't know you or this beautiful family, but I am friends with Nilsa and Frank who shared the news and this link. Your images you took on this day will be cherished for many decades to come by these children and their family. I am so sorry they had to say goodbye to their Daddy. I feel like I know them after looking through your photos and I am so sad for them all. Thank you for sharing.

sofia esparza said...

So sad for Paola and the kids and also his whole family .I had the pleasure to meet him briefly and I admired his faith and love for his family and life .God bless Paola and her two little ones.your pictures are amazing .